The new change that Google made in its AdSense policy will surely make web publisher rejoice. Such announcements are rarely made by Google; most of the time the users find these changes them.
Because of this reason, there are many publications, blogs dedicated solely to document the updates and changes done by Google to its products and search. Accidental discoveries, word sent in by insiders and tips by users are known as the lucky breaks.
Recently we got to know about an important policy update in Google AdSense through the means mentioned above, as far as we know no one has this information yet or is covering this topic.
Here is the old policy, which has now been removed, and the new policy that has been introduced in its place.
Old Policy: Ad limit per page
- Currently, on each page AdSense publishers may place:
- Up to three AdSense for content units
- Up to three link units
- Up to two search boxes
- Publishers may not place more than one “large” ad unit per page. We define a “large” ad unit as any unit similar in size to our 300×600 format.
New policy: Valuable inventory
Advertising and other paid promotional material added to the user’s pages should not exceed your content.
Moreover, the content the user provides should add value and be the focal point for users visiting your page.
For this reason, we may limit or disable ad serving on pages with little to no value and/or excessive advertising until changes are made. Examples of unacceptable pages include but are not limited to:
- Mirroring, framing, scraping or rewriting of content from other sources without adding value;
- Pages with more advertising than publisher-provided content;
- Automatically generated content without manual review or duration;
- Hosted ad pages or pages without content;
- Pages that don’t follow our Webmaster Quality Guidelines.
- Source page for the new policy.
Summary of Policy Changes
The user can now place more than 3 ad units on a web page.
The user can now place more than one large (> 300×600) ad unit on a web page.
Policies still only allow one 320×100 ad unit above the fold on mobile. Below the fold, however, there is no limit now.
How this might affect you.
Google has relaxed their policies to some extent. If you are an AdX user, you will be aware that one of the selling points is how you can place more than 3 ad units on the page. Now you can do the same with AdSense too.
The New policy focuses more on subjective evaluation of the content. The content is dubbed as Valuable Inventory basically a set of rules to abide by. These particular set of policies will help the publishers to deal with the ad blockers and falling revenues. Google has made a pretty smart move of implying such a rule.
Latest posts by Fly Ost (see all)
- Find out The Lowest Rates on Car Insurance - December 12, 2017
- The Survival Rates of Mesothelioma (Cancer) - December 12, 2017
- Top Accessories Hiker’s & Camping group Should Know - December 9, 2017