When it comes to online shopping whether it is books, clothes, gifts, electronics, household items or even food. Purchasing online can be very interesting and intimidating for first timers. Before you click ‘add to wish list’ or ‘add to shopping cart’ it is important to scrutinize and think before purchase.
Yes, you will become accustomed to online shopping format in no time. But it is preferable to consider Pros and Cons beforehand.
Online Shopping Do’s:
- If you are under 18, always ask your parents before shopping. Online transactions are often supervised by parents.
- Always be prepared or shopping online, name on credit card, credit card number and expiration date is required along with mailing and shipping address. Sometimes, online shopping requires extra money for shipping. For purchased item to be delivered at your home, shipping costs can be expensive.
- Also be sure to check the refund policy of internet merchants or website. There is a fee charge or deadline written in return policy.
- Also many people overlook, but some online shopping sites are full or scams. Make sure your device has installed the latest anti-virus software.
- If you receive a confirmation page or an email, always save it or print it.
Always be responsible, if you have made a transaction with your debit or credit card, you have legally committed to purchasing that item. The purchase will also be present in the next billing statement of your credit card.
- Always buy the best quality you can afford. It is important to read reviews or go through gallery before buying something online.
- Make sure you are familiar with your size in International Sizing Charts.
- Always be prepared to keep an open mind while shopping online. There might be a slight difference in color.
Online Shopping Don’ts:
Never share your password or billing details with anyone. There are many websites which asks you to give a password in order to buy from them. Try to use different passwords for different sites.
- When it comes to online, do not wait for the paper statements. If there is any suspicious activity or more money is been taken out, always check your bank statements and credit card for any suspicious activities.
- If there are pop-up ads or unsolicited emails, do not respond to them. Do not click to links which directs you to another website. Through search engine, always go to your favorite shopping site. If there is “https” written in front of website, “s” means the website is secure.
- Do not get attracted by emails and offers on gifts and popular items. These sometimes can be spam.
- Do not provide the shopping site with your social security number, mother’s maiden name of birth date.